Skip to main content

Revelation

In today’s Gospel according to John (14:21-26) we read: “Jesus said to his disciples: ‘Whoever has my commandments and observes them is the one who loves me. Whoever loves me will be loved by my Father, and I will love him and reveal myself to him.’ Judas, not the Iscariot, said to him, ‘Master, then what happened that you will reveal yourself to us and not to the world?"

How many of us refuse to “reveal” ourselves to the ones we love?   Many of us are guarded and unwilling or unable to share our feelings with those who really need to know us.   We’re all unique with much to offer and share.  

Let’s follow Jesus’ lead.  When we love someone, we must reveal ourselves to that person.  This is especially true for couples intending to marry.   This May many couples will marry, and we can only hope they have shared their innermost feelings.    Otherwise, it will become very hard for them to observe Jesus’ commandments.   

So, whether intending to marry or having worn those rings for many years, let’s open up to those we love.  If not, we risk being Judas, the Iscariot. 

Deacon David Pierce

Comments