Skip to main content

Love Over Law

The Holy Spirit also testifies to us, for after saying: This is the covenant I will establish with them after those days, says the Lord: "I will put my laws in their hearts, and I will write them upon their minds,"

Quite the curious statement!  I prefer the fact that the Holy Spirit puts love in our hearts – not laws.  Some would say laws are made to broken – or gotten around because they were made by man and are often unjust and used by the powerful to subjugate the weak – the poor, for example.  Others would say, laws create order.  Of course they do when respected, enforced, and when they are just.

Love, on the other hand, should fill our hearts and be written on our minds.   That is the real covenant – love of God with all our hearts, minds, and souls.

Deacon David Pierce

Comments