Skip to main content

Thank You, Art Fry

Art Fry is credited with inventing Post It Notes.  I am so grateful to him because it helps keep me organized for weddings and funerals!  Last weekend I celebrated seven masses from Friday to Sunday morning.  Two funerals, a confirmation, a wedding, first communion and three "regular" masses. For a wedding I need post its all over the ritual book.  The couples names need to be referenced on several pages, and I need the names of  the readers and the gift bearers.  Some weekends I have multiple weddings and without the post its I could really mix things up!  I don't think a bride would appreciate me calling the groom by the wrong name.  Several years ago I was giving a homily at a funeral.  No post it note needed, I  knew the man well.  He often attended daily mass. His name was Richard.  Someplace in the homily I said that James was going to give a reflection after communion and from that point on I called the deceased James. The funeral director was in the front row and scribbled on a piece of paper "His name is Richard"  Oops, I guess I needed Art Fry after all.

Msgr. Daniel F. Hoye

Comments