Skip to main content

A Dog's Love










Most of us want to holler.  We just don't know the best place to scream.  Perhaps we should change the channel from pain, fear and loneliness to one helping us have a change of heart.  Today's Psalm 51 might help.

Psalm 51:3-4, 8-9, 12-13, 14 and 17
R. My mouth will declare your praise.
Have mercy on me, O God, in your goodness;
in the greatness of your compassion wipe out my offense.
Thoroughly wash me from my guilt
and of my sin cleanse me.

R. My mouth will declare your praise.
Behold, you are pleased with sincerity of heart,
and in my inmost being you teach me wisdom.
Cleanse me of sin with hyssop, that I may be purified;
wash me, and I shall be whiter than snow. 

R. My mouth will declare your praise.
A clean heart create for me, O God,
and a steadfast spirit renew within me.
Cast me not out from your presence,
and your Holy Spirit take not from me. 

R. My mouth will declare your praise.
Give me back the joy of your salvation,
and a willing spirit sustain in me.
O Lord, open my lips,
and my mouth shall proclaim your praise.

R. My mouth will declare your praise.

We need clean hearts free of sadness.  Ridding ourselves of guilt by asking God to intervene is part of the solution.  Have mercy on me, O God, in your goodness; in the greatness of your compassion wipe out my offense. 

God spelled backwards is dog, so it follows that a dog can help us declare our praise of God and give us solace and hope.  O' for the love of a dog! One of the best reasons for us to go on.

Deacon David Pierce

Comments