Skip to main content

Am I on the Right Track?

Photo by - Tracy Teppler
Have you ever wondered if you are on the right track in your life?

I have, in my younger days, my idol in life was John Wayne as Sergeant Striker USMC; so naturally I joined the Marine Corps.  I loved every moment of being a marine.  I was "Gung Ho", and become a sergeant in record time. Once I achieved this goal I could fulfill my real wish which was to marry Joanne.

I had achieved my first goal which was becoming sergeant, and I had married Joanne. Now it became, where do WE go from here? I joined the Coast Guard and achieved the rank of Chief Warrant Officer. It was while I was in the Coast Guard that I met an Army Chaplain who allowed me to be a Eucharistic Minister and encouraged me to look into the Diaconate

Through the meeting of that Chaplain it sparked my desire to look deeper into my spirituality, being married I also became aware that this journey was as a couple. Other opportunities, such as Marriage Encounter and Cursillo had us going deeper, finally arriving at the Diaconate program.

On this journey life has not always been easy; we had to trust that no matter what came our way, Jesus was always present and guiding us. It is our faith and trust in the good Lord that will always answer the question, am I on the right track? 

The answer for me has been, just keep doing what you're doing!

Deacon Bob Lemay

Comments