Skip to main content

"Come after me, and I will make you fishers of men" -Matthew 4:19


2014 Christian Leadership Institute
"Leadership occurs when one or more persons engage with others in such a way that leaders and followers raise one another to higher levels of motivation and morality…"
-James MacGregor Burns, 1978

 The Christian Leadership Institute (CLI) is a six-day long leadership training experience for high school age youth. CLI seeks to foster the leadership potential of our young Church by heightening each person's gifts and talents for various ministerial roles and responsibilities in their parishes, schools and greater communities.-http://www.fallriverfaithformation.org


A full week packed with learning, prayer, and fun mixed in for good measure.  Group sessions focusing on the art of leadership; communication and planning skills, group dynamics, and leadership styles.  Derived from the call to Catholic Christian discipleship, additional focus is placed on prayer and liturgy, moral judgement, service, and sacramental living.  All of the participants are called upon to use their own talents and acquired skills to plan and execute various activities such as daily liturgy including morning and night prayer and meal blessings, as well as the evening socials.
At the closing celebration Director, Deacon Frank Lucca let all those present know that he plans on continuing the build up of this Christian community with future retreats throughout the year ahead.

Christ The King Parish was well represented...once again.
Jenn Harney, Dan Reilly, Nathan Ryan, Dan Burke, Alison Kondracki
 Here are some of the comments from a few of our own Parish CLI Graduates;

Allison Kondracki
CLI was the best experience ever. I had so much fun and met so many new people. I enjoyed it so much and had the time of my life. Everyone there made the experience amazing. All the team and now graduates have created lifetime long relationships that will never be broken.

Dan Reilly
CLI was so much fun. I met some of my closest friends there and I was so glad I went.  I also believe I have grown as a leader and Christian.

Nathan Ryan
The CLI process taught everyone the skills necessary to help plan and direct various activities and it provided a safe environment to use those newly learned skills where failure was okay and not looked down upon. Often times people can be put into a leading position and if that person fails they might avoid being put in the situation again but CLI forced kids to be the leaders and as the week progressed I'm sure that most kids noticed it just takes some practice to know how to lead and plan events. I feel like CLI will help me to be a leader in my community and I wish I could have stayed there longer. I got along with all the kids and made some friends I hope will last a lifetime.

Dan Burke
I have learned new ways of becoming a better leader and improving those leadership skills that I already had. We all have made long lasting relationships with each other that will stay with us all forever.

Jenn Harney (My personal favorite!)
CLI was an experience that I will never forget.  From the leadership skills I learned to the amazing and kind people that I met, it sure was a week to remember.  At first I wasn't looking forward to going to CLI. When I got there, I didn't know what to expect.  But as each day went on, I realized how blessed I was to be there.  The skills I learned were helpful for me and I will always use them in the future.  The people that I met there made the experience even better than I ever thought it could be.  I never knew how close I could get with people within a 5 day span.  Looking back to last week when I didn't want to go to camp, I regret ever having those feelings and I am so grateful that God led me on the path of becoming a true leader!

A special THANK YOU to Matthew Laird who allowed me to use these images and volunteered his time and talents for a week at CLI.


Deacon Paul Harney










Comments