Skip to main content

God's Special Message ~ Msgr. Daniel Hoye

Readings for today's Homily

John Powell, a spiritual writer, in one of his books says, “There’s an old Christian tradition that God sends each person into this world with a special message to deliver, with a special song to sing for others, with a special act of love to bestow. No one can speak my message, or sing my song, or offer my act of love.  These are entrusted to me.”

As we heard in the First Reading, Jeremiah wants to make an excuse that he can’t sing his song or give his act of love because “I’m too young” he says.  God says, “Don’t say that you’re too young, whatever I have commanded to you, please fulfill.”

So we have to ask ourselves, do I make excuses?  Do I say that I’m too young or too old, or not having the talents to do things?  There is a song to be sung, there is an act of love to be made.

How is that we hear God speaking to us this day?

Comments