Skip to main content

Compassion ~ Msgr. Daniel Hoye

















Several years ago, someone told me that we should start each day with three statements:  One, that I am loved unconditionally by God.  Two, whatever happened yesterday can be forgiven. And three I will do my best to live today in a compassionate manner. It's the third statement that I would lift up for us today - to live each day in a compassionate manner.

In the Psalm today we praised God who is compassionate towards all His works.  Compassion literally means to feel with, to identify with.  God is a God of mercy, yes, and of forgiveness but also a God of compassion.

As you and I try to be a disciple of the Lord, we should do our best  to live today in a compassionate manner; not judging the other but being with the other, feeling the others pain or joy or sorrow.

We should do our best to live today in a compassionate manner.

Comments