Skip to main content

Water and God's Love














Just a few random thoughts about water.  My wife, Joanne, and I like to go to the beach in the afternoon sometime just to unwind and take in some rays.  During some evenings we like to go over to Old Silver beach to watch the sunset.  Generally the environment is active with seagulls, and people taking their last dip in the water before going home for the night. To me, well, I like to look at the water and watch the waves.  I see boats, I sometime see fish jumping and begin to wonder how come the water will wrap around a person and be displaced by his or her body and not fill it up.  Why is it I can take a bucket and go down to the edge of the beach and fill it with water, it takes the shape of the container I look at it carefully and determine I have about a quart of the liquid, I smell it, nothing is outstanding about that, it smells like the sea.  You might say it has it's own distinctive odor.  I throw the water back into the sea and wonder if I can retrieve the same water that was just poured back into the waves.  Well, guess what?  I can't do it.  The water becomes part of the vast sea.

Then I wonder if God's love is anything like that.  His love seems to surround us, no matter what shape we have or are in.  Is Heaven like that?  My body is 80 percent water, does that mean God is only 80 percent withing me?  I doubt it.  I have come to believe God loves not just me, but every one not 80 percent but 100 percent unconditionally, no mater what shape we are in.

Deacon R.D. Lemay 

Comments