Skip to main content

Innocence

 If you want to see the faces of innocence check out the photos from this year's Christmas Pageant posted on this blog.  Unfortunately, there were some audio difficulties which made it impossible to post the video.   So you won't  be able to see the shepherds who were "dueling" with their staffs and the young angel who made several round trips to her mother in the audience.   Someplace I have a photo of me in a pageant we put on when I was in the first or second grade.  The costumes for the boys were bathrobes!!  It was a long time ago but I can remember it like it was yesterday.  Now I might not remember what I had for breakfast today but I can go back about sixty years  and remember "closing" imaginary windows so Mary and Joseph could go to Bethlehem to be counted.  I guess it was/is an effective way of telling the love story that is Christmas.

Monsignor Daniel F. Hoye

Comments