Skip to main content

Facebook Friends


Some of you know that I come from a large family---there were nine children, eight boys and one girl.  At last count I have 26 nieces and nephews and 33 great nieces and nephews.  On Christmas eve, most of the family, including some cousins, gathers at one of my brother's house.  Last year over 100 folks were there.   When my mother was alive, all I had to do was call her and she would tell me what was going on with various family members. Now I go on Facebook to trace the comings and goings of the clan.  I am what they call a FB voyeur.  I look but I rarely post anything beyond a "Happy Birthday".  For example, in the past couple of days I learned that one niece went to New Orleans for a vacation. Unfortunately, she was sick most of the time.  Another niece who works in radiology, shared that a patient told her she was the most kind medical person she had ever encountered.  It looks like a nephew has yet another new girlfriend, etc. etc.  It doesn't replace Mom but FB keeps me informed!


Monsignor Hoye

Comments