Skip to main content

Let it Go
















Boy, like so many others, I wish winter would go.  100 inches of snow in Boston.  Not sure what we have had in Mashpee but whatever it is, it is more than enough.  I know the winter has been tough on lots of folks and this includes parishes.  I think we had storms on five weekends in a row.  That means folks can't come to Church and neither can their "envelopes".  Some people are great and "make up" lost contributions.  And then there is the issue of snow removal.  I don't have the precise amount we have spent but I bet it is more than $20,000.   So there is less money coming in and more money going out.  That is not the way to run a parish.  Don't get me wrong, our folks are more than generous and we have a healthy balance in our checking account.  I don't know what parishes do who live on the edge.  Snow removal is not an option and it is very costly.   We have lots of walks at CTK and some storms have cost over $4,000 just for the shovelers/snowblowers.  Well, we know from experience that this too will pass.  I just wish it would pass sooner rather than later.

Monsignor Hoye

Comments