Skip to main content

Trade The Bear

Weddings are a beautiful thing.   Today my “youngest” son weds.   At 35 years, I’d say it’s about time.  Then again, one has to find the right woman, and he finally did.   I found mine at age 18.

Long ago a Teddy Bear was his most prized possession.   Now it’s a young woman although she’s far from being a possession.  Nevertheless, they will belong to each other.

August 22 truly will be a time to rejoice for my family and hers!   I hope my wife and I can master those Greek dances.

At some time during all the excitement, I'll tell them about kisses.  It's taken from a verse by Mary Durkin, the sister of the well-known Catholic priest, Andrew Greeley.   It reads: "And so when we kiss, my love and I, each kiss becomes a prayer.  God talks to us, touching us with divine love as we learn the secret of becoming one flesh.  We praise God for kisses, and ask God to sharpen our senses so we fell God's touch in the meeting of our lips - in the wonder of a kiss and delightful love."

I can't wait for him to kiss the bride!

Deacon David Pierce

Comments