Skip to main content

Back to School

Since the last time I posted on this blog, I have moved back to Saint Joseph’s College of Maine for RA Training and my Junior Year.  I must say, things are going well here in “Monks Country” as we call it (the Monks are our school mascot).  Although it was my second time going through training, I still learned a lot and felt the motivation to do even better at my job as an RA.  Our freshman class gives me lots of hope—hope for the future of our Church and society.  Oh, and classes are going well, too!  I do miss my family of faith at Christ the King very much and pray for you always.

Today, many students (and teachers!) throughout the country go back to school.  Perhaps as we go about this day and the days ahead, we can keep them in our prayers.  It’s an exciting yet nerve-wracking time for students, teachers, and parents, and we should support them with our prayers.

St. Thomas Aquinas is the patron saint of students and all universities.  May we invoke his intercession as we embark upon a new year.

Come, Holy Spirit, Divine Creator, true source of light and fountain of wisdom! Pour forth your brilliance upon my dense intellect, dissipate the darkness which covers me, that of sin and of ignorance. Grant me a penetrating mind to understand, a retentive memory, method and ease in learning, the lucidity to comprehend, and abundant grace in expressing myself. Guide the beginning of my work, direct its progress, and bring it to successful completion. This I ask through Jesus Christ, true God and true man, living and reigning with You and the Father, forever and ever.
Amen.

(Prayer written by St. Thomas Aquinas himself and was a prayer we prayed in high school)

Chris Hughes

Comments