Skip to main content

IPhone Blues

A week ago I bought the IPhone 6S.  On the second day, totally due to my fault, the phone was disabled and had to be reconnected via the I cloud.  Thanks to a media savvy friend, I am up and running again but for almost 48 hours I was isolated from all social media.  While I do not consider myself addicted to the phone, I really missed sending and receiving email and text messages.  When the phone was disabled I could receive calls but there was no outgoing service.Withdrawing from social media is a challenge indeed.  I recall when I was a newly ordained priest in 1972 I shared hospital duty with the other curate (remember those days when there were three priests in a parish???  The pastor never took the hospital duty!!).  Well there were no such things as mobile phones...not even pagers!  If I left the rectory I would have to call the answering service to tell them the telephone number of the place where I would be.  Talk about a different world!!!

Monsignor Hoye

Comments