Skip to main content

Year of Mercy










We are in the beginning months of the Year of Mercy.  It is an invitation we have been given to reflect on the mercy God offers to us over and over again.  God never says "This is your last chance...no more forgiveness after this time."

I have been a priest for almost forty four years and I never cease to be amazed by the gift I have been given to assure penitents that indeed their sins are forgiven.   At times I have heard folks say, "Is what I have done too much for God to forgive"  Never, I assure them.

This Year of Mercy doesn't give us MORE forgiveness.  It simply reminds us of the great love the great God has for all of us.

If you have not celebrated the Sacrament of Reconciliation (confession) in awhile, maybe you should put it on your "to do list" for Lent.  Mercy awaits you.  We have confessions every Saturday from 3:00 to 3:30 PM  and extra times during holy week:  Monday 11 to 11:30 AM, 7:00 to 7:30 PM and Saturday  11 to 11:30 AM .  If those times don't work for you you can make an appointment to meet me in the office.

Monsignor Hoye

Comments