Skip to main content

Vocations

Last Sunday a former altar server of mine from St. John the Evangelist in Atlteboro was installed in the ministry of lector.  His name is Matt Gill.   He will later be installed as an acolyte and then ordained  a deacon and then a priest in two years.  This brought back memories of my own experience.  I believe I was the last class to be tonsured,   and then installed in what were then called  minor orders:  porter, exorcist, acolyte and lector.  I know I was in the last class ordained as subdeacon then deacon and priest.  This May I will celebrate my 44th anniversary of priesthood so my guess is that tonsure took place 48 years so.  Yikes, I am getting "up there".  Please pray for vocations to deaconate, priesthood and religious life.

Monsignor Hoye

Comments