Skip to main content

Honey Rose

The Lord speaks in mysterious ways.  Some would say the events in our lives are simply happenstance.   We would say the Holy Spirit is actively involved in our lives, and we're guided by the Spirit that is with us during the good times and the bad.

For my wife and I a "good time" occurred on the 17th when our third grandchild, Melina Rose, was born.   She weighed 7 pounds 7 ounces, a 77 reminding me of my blog of a week ago about the number 77 and Jesus' words about forgiveness.

Then today I spotted this cartoon from Non Sequitur by Wiley.   Happenstance?   No, I'd say just another message from the Holy Spirit reminding my wife and me about "divine perfection" and the Spirit's gifts.      Melina means "honey" in Greek - the name of our new little sacred Rose.


[Apologies to my two sons about how boys are created, according to Wiley.]

Deacon David Pierce

    

Comments