Skip to main content

Blind No More

As Jesus passed by, two blind men followed him, crying out, "Son of David, have pity on us!"  When he entered the house, the blind men approached him and Jesus said to them, "Do you believe that I can do this?"  "Yes, Lord," they said to him.  Then he touched their eyes and said, "Let it be done for you according to your faith."   And their eyes were opened.  Jesus warned them sternly, "See that no one knows about this."  But they went out and spread word of him through all that land.

“I know that you can make me what I ought to be.”  This is what faith in Jesus means.  However, “I know what I should be, but I just cannot change,” is what many of us feel and recognize about ourselves.  Our eyes can be hard to open, like looking into the bright sun when we must squint so we fall short of what we ought to be.

Jesus is the sunglasses we wear to avoid blindness towards others and doing what is right and just – what we ought to do.  He touches our eyes and our hearts “letting it be done to us according to our faith.”   We see and we feel.   We can change.

Deacon David Pierce

Comments