Skip to main content

Places Of Honor

Thus says the LORD to Shebna, master of the palace: “I will thrust you from your office and pull you down from your station. On that day I will summon my servant Eliakim, son of Hilkiah; I will clothe him with your robe, and gird him with your sash, and give over to him your authority. He shall be a father to the inhabitants of Jerusalem, and to the house of Judah. I will place the key of the House of David on Eliakim’s shoulder; when he opens, no one shall shut when he shuts, no one shall open. I will fix him like a peg in a sure spot, to be a place of honor for his family.” (Isaiah 22:19-23)

We need a peg in a sure spot, says Isaiah.  These are places of honor that must be filled with honorable men and women.  

Jesus is our peg.   We require many more pegs that will follow his teaching and commandments.  Moreover, each of us should be one of those pegs in sure spots honoring our family and nation.

Deacon David Pierce

Comments