Skip to main content

Timely Prayer

A Timely Prayer: 

Loving God, I ask you to guide me during this important election season:

Help me to understand the Gospels, in which Jesus reveals his path of love, mercy and compassion, especially toward those who are poor, sick, or struggling in any way.

Instruct me on what our church teaches on the important issues of our day:  war and peace, abortion, capital punishment, economic justice, care for the environment, racism, immigration, health care, and on all contemporary issues  that I must ponder with your help.   

Inform my conscience so that I may vote wisely,  accepting the truth  that no candidate or party in a pluralistic society will ever completely represent the ways of your kingdom.  

Bless  our nation and uphold  its democracy with wise and able leaders  (emphasis added).  AMEN     

From the Father Healey's Pastor's Pen   

Comments