Skip to main content

Bedecked

The spirit of the Lord GOD is upon me, because the LORD has anointed me; he has sent me to bring glad tidings to the poor, to heal the brokenhearted, to proclaim liberty to the captives and release to the prisoners, to announce a year of favor from the LORD and a day of vindication by our God. 

I rejoice heartily in the LORD, in my God is the joy of my soul; for he has clothed me with a robe of salvation and wrapped me in a mantle of justice, like a bridegroom adorned with a diadem, like a bride bedecked with her jewels. As the earth brings forth its plants, and a garden makes its growth spring up, so will the Lord GOD make justice and praise spring up before all the nations. (Isaiah 61:1-2, 10-11)

Many of our houses are not bedecked with jewels, i.e., lights and decorations.   Many of us have not heeded Father’s suggestion that we must wait until Christmas.  I probably shouldn't reveal my family’s approach to our waiting for Jesus’ symbolic arrival. 

Let’s focus on “bringing glad tidings to the poor, healing the brokenhearted, and proclaiming liberty to the captives and release to the prisoners.”  We should do this every day and not just during the Christmas season. [Note: photo is from a Tasha Tudor Christmas Card; we're a big fan of this wonderful artist and lover of corgi dogs.]

Deacon David Pierce

Comments