Skip to main content

Safety And Hope

Responsorial Psalm (16:1-2a and 5, 7-8, 9-10, 11)

R. Keep me safe, O God; you are my hope.

Keep me safe, O God, for in you I take refuge; I say to the LORD, “My Lord are you.” O LORD, my allotted portion and my cup, you it is who hold fast my lot.

R. Keep me safe, O God; you are my hope.

I bless the LORD who counsels me; even in the night my heart exhorts me. I set the LORD ever before me; with him at my right hand I shall not be disturbed.

R. Keep me safe, O God; you are my hope.

Therefore my heart is glad, and my soul rejoices, my body, too, abides in confidence; Because you will not abandon my soul to the nether world, nor will you suffer your faithful one to undergo corruption.

R. Keep me safe, O God; you are my hope.

You will show me the path to life, fullness of joys in your presence, the delights at your right hand forever.

R. Keep me safe, O God; you are my hope.

Today’s responsorial psalm is about safety and hope.  We are to take refuge in God.  God makes our hearts glad and our souls rejoice.  God will not abandon us.  God shows us the path to life.

When we are shown that path, do we take it?  Do we believe that path will be safe and a source of joy?  Do we have faith that our journey will be in the right direction with God at our right hand?  We can never be entirely sure, but we can hope for the best and God’s counsel.

But can we identify that path in order to take it.  Let's look for the sign marked, “Love & Faith,” and then head down that way.

Deacon David Pierce

Comments