Skip to main content

Pearl Of Wisdom

 











Let's face it.  Covid is here to stay!  If not the current variants, then different ones.  Throughout the world many people are not vaccinated, and mask-wearing is resisted.  This resistance occurs at Christ the King despite Father Healey's heart-felt request that everyone wear masks in church to afford protection to our neighbors who sit not that far away.  Listen to the lector he/she introduces the Mass.  Those who won't wear masks seem to close their ears.  

There have been Covid infections at CTK.  Covid is here and will not lessen its grip until everyone cooperates.  Too many of us are blockheads thinking COVID will, go away, or God will protect us.  Most of us know the story of the man on the roof during a flood.  Here it is again.

(begin) A fellow was stuck on his rooftop in a flood. He was praying to God for help. Soon a man in a rowboat came by and the fellow shouted to the man on the roof, “Jump in, I can save you.”

The stranded fellow shouted back, “No, it’s OK, I’m praying to God and he is going to save me.” So the rowboat went on.

Then a motorboat came by. “The fellow in the motorboat shouted, “Jump in, I can save you.” To this the stranded man said, “No thanks, I’m praying to God and he is going to save me. I have faith.” So the motorboat went on.

Then a helicopter came by and the pilot shouted down, “Grab this rope and I will lift you to safety.” To this the stranded man again replied, “No thanks, I’m praying to God and he is going to save me. I have faith.” So the helicopter reluctantly flew away.

Soon the water rose above the rooftop and the man drowned. He went to Heaven. He finally got his chance to discuss this whole situation with God, at which point he exclaimed, “I had faith in you but you didn’t save me, you let me drown. I don’t understand why!”

To this God replied, “I sent you a rowboat and a motorboat and a helicopter, what more did you expect?” (end)

Wear masks!  Social distance!  Heaven can wait.

Deacon David Pierce

Comments