Skip to main content

Slow Down

Here's some good advice from Flor McCarthy SDB:

Though the stream was in a hurry to reach the plains;

nevertheless, it took time to form pools.  

Around these pools grass grew; 

from them animals quenches their thirst; 

within them frogs jumped for joy.


Today people are always rushing. 

They seem unable to slow down

and spend time with one another.

No wonder they offer one another so little.

It is hard to drink from a fast-flowing steam.


Friendship is about having time for someone,

spending time with that person,

being present to that person, 

so that life can flow from one to the other.


The greatest gift I can give to another person

is the gift of my time.

To give of my time is to give of myself


If I wish to nourish another person

I must allow the stream of my life

to slow down and form a pool.

From this pool the other will drink.


Deacon David Pierce


Comments