Skip to main content

Laugh







Thus says the LORD: Just as from the heavens the rain and snow come down and do not return there till they have watered the earth, making it fertile and fruitful, giving seed to the one who sows and bread to the one who eats, so shall my word be that goes forth from my mouth. It shall not return to me void, but shall do my will, achieving the end for which I sent it. (Isaiah 55:10-11)

The LORD speaks, and we are to listen.  There should not be any backtalk from us since the LORD's words must not be returned.  We are to do God's will.  There are many ways to do that will such as what Stephan Pastis tells us through his comic strip Pearls Before Swine.  Laugh as much as we can.

Pastis is a bit cynical and sometimes quite dark.  Nevertheless, his humor does strike a chord regarding how we should deal with fear and loneliness.  Love and comfort each other since that's an end sent by the LORD we must achieve.  

I just past my 74th birthday, so I think I will laugh as I wait for the rain and snow to come down from the heavens to water the earth prompting me to give thanks for all that I have, love being first and foremost. And, I am comforted.

Deacon David Pierce

Comments