Skip to main content

Less I Understand






The political antics that prevail in our House of Representatives make me wonder how many members are truly wise, regardless of the isle on which they sit - right or left.  Do the following lyrics have any real meaning for many of our Congressmen and women?  For many of us?

My country 'tis

This wee sweet land of liberty

Of thee I sing

Land where my fathers died

Land of the pilgrim's pride

From every mountainside

Let freedom ring

My native country, thee

Land of the noble free

Thy name I love

I love thy rocks and rills

Thy woods and templed hills

My heart will rapture fills like that above

Let music swell the breeze

And ring from all the trees

Sweet freedom's song

Let mortal tongues awake

Let all that breathe partake

Let rocks their silence break

The sound prolong

Our Father God to Thee Author of liberty

To Thee I sing

My country 'tis of Thee

Sweet land of liberty

For all eternity

Let freedom ring

Let freedom ring

My country 'tis, my country 'tis of Thee

"For all eternity let freedom ring."  Sometimes I wonder if the clapper's being stripped away by those with a fascist leaning and preference for autocratic rule.   For those of us sitting by idly and watching show: Let rocks our silence break. 

By the way, I come from a long line of immigrants.  I wager you did as well.

Deacon David Pierce

Comments