Skip to main content

Kindness

 







There is a book called "The Gospel According Peanuts" in which the author uses Charles Schultz's Peanuts comics to make a Christian point from the Gospel.  Considering how often I use Pearls Before Swine comics, I suppose I could write a book called "The Gospel According to Pearls Before Swine."  

I'm tempted.  Many of Pastis's comics inspire me as does the Gospel of course.  Rat, Pig, and Goat are my Peter, Paul, and Jesus with Jesus clearly being the goat - "greatest of all time." He is the Tom Brady of our faith throwing his message to all of us receivers.  We try not to drop the ball.

I admit I sometimes get caught up in all the dogma, doctrine, and different ways to apply our faith.  Much of it is very scholarly, intellectual and quite tedious to the point of being boring and often just so very confusing.  

So, let's listen to Pig and to what he commands.  Be kind!  That's the ticket and so easy to understand and apply.  Also, it's the most effective approach to evangelization and following Jesus.  No Grad School is required.

Deacon David Pierce





jj

Comments